We offer a variety of technologies for feeding and metering dry chemicals commonly used in the treatment of municipal and industrial water and wastewater as well as industrial process water and wastewater.
Our extensive line of volumetric screw and belt-type volumetric and gravimetric feeders, feeder tank systems, lime-slaking systems and accessories can handle the most commonly used chemicals in the municipal water applications such as calcium oxide, calcium hydroxide, ferric sulfate, soda ash, potassium permanganate, aluminum sulfate, and carbon. Chemicals used in industrial processes include bleach, clay gypsum plastic pellets, pigments, and flour.
Series 32-050 and 32-055
Wallace & Tiernan® Series 32-050 and 32-055 Volumetric Screw Feeders are designed to feed a wide range of water and wastewater treatment chemicals as well as industrial process chemicals and dry materials. Utilizing 4 differernt feed screw sizes, capacities from 0.03 to 50 cubic feet are available. The continous operating range is 20:1, extendable to 60:1 by belt position on a stepped pulley.
Series 32-050 Feeder - This economical feeder features a constant speed feed screw that is controlled by a manually-set percent timer. The feeder cycles on and off over a 1 minute feed cycle depending on the timer setting.
Series 32-055 Feeder - This highly adaptable feeder features a variable speed feed screw with 3 differerent control arrangements: Manual control via a feeder mounted potentiometer; Start-stop control from a remote interlock; mA control from a flow signal or remote plant control.
Features and Benefits:
- Rugged, corrosion resistant construction for long service life
- Design simplicity for reliable operation with minimal maintenance
- Various control options-manual to fully automatic
- Accuracy of 1% to 2% f.s. with free flowing materials
- Wide operating range
- Integral hopper agitation for difficult-to-handle materials
- Special arrangements for carbon and potassium permanganate
- Hazardous location arrangement (FM approved)
- Food-grade arrangement available for industrial applications
Each of these feeders is available with a complete range of configurations and accessories:
- Solution tanks from 95 to 1900 litre capacity
- Wetting cones
- Feeder stands
- Extension hoppers
- Charging hoppers
- Bag loading hoppers
- Dust collectors
- Shut-off gates
- Hopper level switches
- Tank feed systems
Series 35-150 Solution Tank Feed System
The Wallace & Tiernan® Series 35-150 chemical feeder solution tank system is designed for water and waste treatment applications. It gives excellent results preparing large or small volumes of solution from dry chemicals. It is a pre-engineered, packaged system, built with standard components to keep costs low. Because of the variety of these components and the optional accessories, a system can be tailored to almost any installation requirement. There is no need to pay for functions that will never be used, or to settle for too little or too much capacity or control.
- Economical system that gives better results than a do-it-yourself system
- Pre-engineered for efficient operation
- Wide choice of arrangements
- Custom system from stock components
- Rugged feeder
- Pre-tested and economical to install
Dry Chemical Feed Equipment and Control